PROJECT UPDATE: AUGUST 2014
Please be aware that Kingsbury Grade will be closed to through traffic beginning September 2, 2014 at 12 a.m. The day after Labor Day, Monday night/Tuesday morning. Residents and business owners will always have access to their homes and businesses.
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT KINGSBURY GENERAL IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT (KGID) FOR PROJECT UPDATES.
By The Numbers: Project Accomplishments To Date
- 1.4 miles of roadway reconstructed
- 10,300 Ton of asphalt placed
- 7,200 Linear Feet of curb & gutter
- 10,000 square feet of sidewalk
- 7,000 cubic yards of excavation
- 1,400 linear feet of storm drain pipe
Thank you for your interest in the Nevada Department of Transportation’s (NDOT) upcoming Kingsbury Grade Pavement Reconstruction Project. The department recognizes that State Route 207, Kingsbury Grade is the lifeline for the Lake Tahoe Basin as well as the Carson Valley area and beyond.
NDOT is dedicated to making SR 207, Kingsbury Grade, as well as all of Nevada’s highways as safe as possible for the traveling public. The project construction schedule planned will be a 1 to 1 1/2 year schedule to accelerate the project and minimize the inconveniences to everyone.
Do you run a business in the Carson Valley or South Lake Tahoe? If you would like your business to be featured on this website, send the name of your business, your business’ logo (preferably a transparent .png), and your business’ website URL to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This project includes the following:
- 13-inch full-depth reconstruction of the road
- Improve roadway drainage and stormwater runoff quality
- Improve poor sight-distance at Tramway Drive
- Increase pedestrian visibility with improved lighting
- Improve sidewalk, curb and gutter and American Disability Act compliance
To stay informed please sign-up below with your email address. If you have questions or comments regarding the project contact us online or call the HOTLINE: 1-844-888-ROAD (1-844-888-7623).