PROJECT UPDATE: October 2014
Kingsbury Grade is now open to through traffic near the summit. All motorists now have access from Lake Tahoe to the Carson Valley and vice versa. Construction on Kingsbury Grade is continuing through the end of the construction season so please expect possible delays of up to 30 minutes.
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT KINGSBURY GENERAL IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT (KGID) FOR PROJECT UPDATES.
By The Numbers: Project Accomplishments To Date
- Nearly 4 miles of roadway reconstructed
- 21,000 Ton of asphalt placed
- 8,000 Linear Feet of curb & gutter
- 10,000 square feet of sidewalk
- 24,000 cubic yards of excavation
- 5,900 linear feet of storm drain pipe
Thank you for your interest in the Nevada Department of Transportation’s (NDOT) upcoming Kingsbury Grade Pavement Reconstruction Project. The department recognizes that State Route 207, Kingsbury Grade is the lifeline for the Lake Tahoe Basin as well as the Carson Valley area and beyond.
NDOT is dedicated to making SR 207, Kingsbury Grade, as well as all of Nevada’s highways as safe as possible for the traveling public. The project construction schedule planned will be a 1 to 1 1/2 year schedule to accelerate the project and minimize the inconveniences to everyone.
Do you run a business in the Carson Valley or South Lake Tahoe? If you would like your business to be featured on this website, send the name of your business, your business’ logo (preferably a transparent .png), and your business’ website URL to email@example.com.
This project includes the following:
- 13-inch full-depth reconstruction of the road
- Improve roadway drainage and stormwater runoff quality
- Improve poor sight-distance at Tramway Drive
- Increase pedestrian visibility with improved lighting
- Improve sidewalk, curb and gutter and American Disability Act compliance
To stay informed please sign-up below with your email address. If you have questions or comments regarding the project contact us online or call the HOTLINE: 1-844-888-ROAD (1-844-888-7623).